Samsung USB Drivers is a program for Windows computers that helps users connect their Samsung Galaxy smartphone or tablet to the PC using a USB cable. Through this post, you can download Samsung USB drivers for Galaxy smartphones and tablets running Android OS. We have provided download links for the latest version of the Samsung USB drivers for Windows 10, 8.1/8,7 and XP PCs.
The cloud computing era has begun and you can easily share, sync, and transfer files wirelessly. But the service is still limited when it comes to functionality. Especially it comes to procedures like flashing the stock firmware, rooting, or executing ADB commands, etc, where a USB connection still plays an indespensible role.
We often cover tutorials for various Samsung Galaxy devices, which involve transferring files to the device’s storage or flashing stock firmware via Odin. In many such tutorials, you would be required to physically connect your phone to the PC via a compatible USB cable. Well, in most cases, your Windows PC should automatically detect the device and install the required drivers. But if it doesn’t, then you need to download Samsung USB drivers and manually install them in order for your PC to properly recognize your Samsung Galaxy device.
The manufacturer indeed offers its own Smart Switch companion software, that comes with the drivers as well. But, if you only wish to download and install the USB drivers as a standalone, then this article is just the place for you. We will also provide you with a direct link to download Samsung Smart Switch software for Windows and macOS as well, just in case you need it.
The provided USB drivers are compatible with all Android-based Samsung Galaxy smartphones and tablets. These include:
- Galaxy S10/S10+/S10e/S10 Lite
- Galaxy Note 10/Note 10+/Note 10 Lie
- Galaxy Fold/Fold 5G
- Galaxy Tab S6/Tab S5
- Galaxy A10/A20/A30/A50/A51/A70/A71/A90
- Galaxy Xcover Pro
- Galaxy Note 9
- Galaxy S9/S9+
- and more.
Download Samsung USB Drivers
The latest Samsung USB driver available for download is version 22.214.171.124 and it supports any Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, and Windows 10 PC. It is always recommended to download the latest version of the drivers. We have also provided download links for all the previous versions as well.
- Samsung USB Driver v126.96.36.199 (Latest version): Download link
- Samsung USB Driver v188.8.131.52: Download link
- Samsung USB Driver v184.108.40.206: Download link
- Samsung USB Driver v220.127.116.11: Download link
- Samsung Smart Switch Software: Windows | macOS
Note: If you’re using a macOS or Linux PC, you will not need any USB driver. Just connect your device to the PC and it will automatically be detected.
Instructions to Install Samsung USB Drivers on Windows PC
Installing the USB drivers on your PC is a very easy task by simply launching the driver’s executable file. So, just follow the steps listed below.
- Download Samsung USB drivers package on the PC.
- Extract the downloaded zip file using an archive tool like WinZip or 7Zip.
- Open the extracted folder and double-click on the executable file (e.g. Samsung_USB_Driver_v18.104.22.168.exe) to initiate the installation program.
- Click on “Yes” when prompted for User Account Control on Windows.
- Click on “Next” in the driver installation window.
- Next, select your preferred language and country, and click on “Next”.
- Choose the location on the PC where you want to install the drivers (Default is: C:\Program Files\Samsung\USB Drivers).
- Finally, click on “Install” to install Samsung USB Drivers on your Windows PC.
- Click on “Finish” once the installation completes.
When the driver has been installed, restart your PC. That’s it!
Now that you have been able to download and install Samsung USB drivers, go ahead and connect your phone to the PC. Your Windows PC should now recognize your Galaxy smartphone or tablet automatically without any issues.
These USB drivers were directly sourced from the Samsung Developers Portal.