Samsung USB Driver is a Windows program that allows your computer to communicate with your Samsung Galaxy smartphone and tablet over USB. The driver is needed for transferring files, syncing data, and also for flashing the stock firmware using Odin.
Through this post, you can download the latest Samsung USB driver for Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, and Windows XP computers. These drivers are compatible with all Samsung Galaxy mobile phones and tablets. Further, we will also show you how to install the Samsung USB Driver on Windows.
Table of Contents
What is the use of Samsung USB Drivers?
Nowadays, you can easily share, sync, and transfer files wirelessly and through the cloud. But there’s no doubt that a physical USB connection is still the easiest and quickest way to transfer files between your device and your computer. Not just that, a USB connection also plays an indispensable role when flashing the stock firmware using Odin, debugging software, developing apps, working with ADB commands, and more.
For all these things, you will need to physically connect your device to the PC via a USB cable. In most cases, Windows should automatically detect the device and install the required drivers. But if your computer fails to recognize your Galaxy smartphone/tablet, then you need to download and manually install the required USB drivers on your computer.
The manufacturer indeed provides the Smart Switch companion software that bundles the said USB driver. However, if it’s just the USB drivers that you’re looking for, then there’s no need to install Smart Switch on your PC at all. You can simply download the standalone Samsung USB driver from below and install it on your Windows computer.
The latest Samsung USB driver is compatible with all Android-based Samsung Galaxy mobile phones and tablets. These include:
- Galaxy S20, S20 Plus, and S20 Ultra
- Galaxy Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra
- Galaxy Z Fold 2, Galaxy Z Flip, and Galaxy Fold
- Galaxy S10, S10 Plus, S10e, and S10 Lite
- Galaxy Note 10, Note 10 Plus, and Note 10 Lite
- Galaxy Tab S7 and Tab S7+
- Galaxy Tab S6 and Tab S6 Lite
- Galaxy Tab S5 and Tab S5e
- Galaxy A10/A20/A30/A50/A51/A70/A71/A90
- Galaxy Xcover Pro
- Galaxy Note 9
- Galaxy S9/S9+
- and more.
Download Samsung USB Driver
Below, you will find the links to download the latest Samsung USB driver (v220.127.116.11), along with all the previous versions.
So, which version should you download? It’s strongly recommended to download the latest version at all times to avoid any issues and better compatibility with all new Samsung smartphones and tablets. However, if your computer still fails to recognize your device even after installing the latest driver, you might want to download and install the previous versions.
Latest Samsung USB Driver v18.104.22.168: Download link
- Samsung USB Driver v22.214.171.124: Download link
- Samsung USB Driver v126.96.36.199: Download link
- Samsung USB Driver v188.8.131.52: Download link
Download Samsung Smart Switch Software
Note: If you’re using a macOS or Linux PC, you will not need any USB driver. Just connect your device to the PC and it will automatically detect your Samsung device.
How to Install Samsung USB Driver on Windows
Installing the Samsung USB driver on a Windows computer is extremely simple. Just follow the steps listed below.
- First, download the Samsung USB driver ZIP package on your PC.
- Extract the downloaded ZIP file using an archive tool like WinRAR or 7Zip.
- Open the extracted folder and double-click on the driver’s executable file (Samsung_USB_Driver_v184.108.40.206.exe).
- The Microsoft InstallWizard should now show up on your computer’s screen.
- Click “Yes” when prompted to allow User Account Control.
- Click “Next” in the driver installation window.
- Next, select your preferred language and country, and click “Next”.
- Choose the location on the PC where you want to install the drivers (Default is: C:\Program Files\Samsung\USB Drivers).
- Finally, click “Install” to install the Samsung USB Drivers on your Windows PC.
- Finally, click “Finish” once the installation completes.
Now that you have been able to download and install Samsung USB drivers, go ahead and connect your phone to the PC. Your Windows PC should automatically recognize your Galaxy smartphone or tablet automatically without any issues. You can now transfer files or use Odin to flash the firmware.
Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Qs)
Below are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions by users regarding the Samsung USB drivers.
Q: Where can I download Samsung USB Drivers for Odin?
- There are no particular drivers meant just for Odin Flash Tool. The Samsung USB drivers provided on this page will enable the Odin flash tool to recognize your Samsung Android phone or tablet while it’s in Download Mode.
Q: Do I need Samsung USB drivers for a Linux or macOS PC?
- No. Samsung USB drivers for Linux and macOS computers are neither available nor required. You can simply connect your Samsung mobile phone/tablet to the PC and it will be recognized automatically. If you’re using a macOS computer, simply use the Android File Transfer tool for transferring files.
Q: Are Samsung USB drivers safe to install?
- Yes, these drivers are officially signed and provided directly by Samsung on their official website. We tested the driver executable file through VirusTotal and found it to be 100% safe for installation and use. You can view the results here.
Q: Do I need old versions of Samsung USB drivers?
- Downloading and installing the latest version of the USB drivers is recommended, as it supports the most recently released Samsung phones and tablets like the Galaxy S20, Galaxy Note 20, Galaxy Tab S7, etc. Further, they also ensure maximum compatibility across all Windows OS versions.
In case the latest version fails to recognize your particular device, then you might need to remove it and install one of the previous versions of the USB drivers.
Source: Samsung Developers Portal