Through this post, you can download Samsung Odin Flash tool for any Windows PC. All versions of the Odin Tool, including the latest Odin3 3.13.3 version is now available for download. It can be used to flash stock firmware or custom binaries on any Android-based Samsung Galaxy device including the latest Galaxy Note 10/10+, Galaxy S10/S10+/S10e, Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy S9/S9+, etc.
What is Odin?
Odin (Also commonly known as “Odin Flash Tool“, “Odin Tool“, or “Odin3“) is a firmware-flashing software for Windows PC which is developed by Samsung for its Android-based smartphones and tablets. It is used by Samsung internally or in the service centers. However, the tool was leaked out to the public and is now freely available for end-users too.
Odin is used to flash stock firmware file (in .tar or .tar.md5 formats) on Android-based Samsung devices and supports any Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP PC.
Why and when you would need to use the Samsung Odin Tool?
The Samsung Odin Flash Tool can be used in a lot of different scenarios and for a lot of different purposes, all of which have been listed below.
- First and foremost, you can use Odin to flash the stock firmware on your Samsung Galaxy smartphone or tablet to recover it from a bricked state or fix software issues like bootloops.
- You can also use it to manually install a software update that is not yet available in your device’s region/country.
- Furthermore, it is also possible to downgrade (with limitations) your Samsung Galaxy device’s software to a specific version/build.
- The tool’s usage doesn’t stop there. If you’re into the Android customization scene, you can also use Odin Tool to flash custom binaries like TWRP, kernels, or modifications like SuperSU or Magisk to root your Samsung Galaxy device.
Odin Flash tool has provided average Galaxy device users with more freedom than Samsung ever intended to. It facilitates installing both official and unofficial firmware without any restriction.
How to Use Odin to Flash Stock Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Devices?
Several OEM Android devices like the Google Pixel series and Essential Phone have fastboot or bootloader modes, which can be used to flash the stock firmware. However, in the case of Samsung, the Odin tool can only communicate with your Galaxy device when it is booted into ‘Download Mode’ by using a dedicated button combination.
The best part about installing stock firmware using Odin is that it does not trip the KNOX counter. So, your device’s warranty will always stay intact and you will not lose official customer support from Samsung.
Now that you have gained the insights about the benefits and features of this useful tool, you can download Odin flash tool for Samsung Galaxy Devices from below. Once downloaded, you can further follow the instructions to install it on your supported Windows PC.
Download Samsung Odin Flash Tool (All Versions)
It is strongly recommended to download the latest Odin3 v3.13.3 or v3.13.1 in most cases. If you’re using Odin for an older Galaxy device or Android version, then make sure to download the corresponding version of the tool.
Update x3 (5 November 2019): Added Odin3 v3.13.3; to be used with newer Galaxy smartphones like Galaxy S10/S10+/S10e, and Note 10/10+.
Update x2 (9 September 2019): Added Modded Odin3 v3.13.1 by Raymonf.
Update x1 (26 February 2019): Added Patched Odin v3.13.1 that skips SHA256 checks and model mismatch errors. Thanks to realbbb!
Warning: There’s no official v3.13.2 or v3.13.3 of the Odin tool available!
|Odin_v1.85.zip (For Ice Cream Sandwich and Gingerbread firmware)||Download link|
|Odin_v3.09.zip (For KitKat and Jelly Bean firmware)||Download link|
|Odin3_v3.11.1.zip (For Marshmallow firmware)||Download link|
|Odin3_v3.13.1.zip (Latest version)||Download link|
|Odin3_v3.13.3.zip (Latest version for newer devices like Galaxy Note 10/10+ and Galaxy S10)||Download link|
- Make sure to download and install the latest Samsung Mobile USB Drivers on your PC.
- Odin only supports flashing firmware and files only on Samsung Android devices.
- The tool only supports Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP PCs.
- While using the tool, make sure that the Samsung Kies software is not running or else it may interrupt the process.
- To install firmware, you must download the stock firmware for your device. Some most trustable sources are Updato and SamMobile. Alternatively, you can also use SamFirm Tool to download the latest stock firmware for your Galaxy device.
How to Install Odin Flash Tool on Windows PC
- Download Odin Flash tool zip from above. Make sure to download the correct one as per the Android version.
- Extract the downloaded file on your PC using an archive tool.
- Open the extracted folder “Odin3_v3.13.1”.
- Double-click on the executable file “Odin3 v3.13.1.exe“.
- Note: If you launch previous versions of Odin, you shall be prompted to allow “User Account Control” as well.
- The tool will automatically launch on your Windows PC.
- Just boot your Samsung Galaxy device into Download Mode, connect it to the PC using the USB cable, select the firmware files, and you’re good to go.
Though Odin Flash Tool is considered to be the best in its class, it has a flip side as well. The program completely writes the whole system. Due to which it can prove to be dangerous if any interruption occurs during the installation process.
Under such circumstances, your device can be bricked. Reflashing the firmware using Odin can often fix this issue. But if things go completely out of hand, then there is no point of return.
So you have just been able to download Odin Flash Tool for Samsung Galaxy devices and install it on Windows.