Want to flash stock firmware, custom recovery, root package on your Samsung phone? In this post, you can download Odin Flash tool for Samsung Galaxy devices. All versions of the Odin Tool, including the latest Odin3 3.13.1 version is now available for download.
Odin Flash Tool is a firmware flashing software developed by Samsung for its Android-based devices. It is used by the manufacturer internally or in the service centers. However, the tool was leaked out to the public and is now freely available for end-users. Odin tool helps user flash the stock firmware, updates, custom recoveries like TWRP on Samsung Galaxy devices.
Download Odin Flash Tool for Samsung Galaxy Devices
You can easily root your Samsung smartphone by flashing the root packages like SuperSU. Flashing stock Samsung firmware through Odin will not trip the KNOX counter, thus saving the warranty. You can even install updates and versions that are not yet released in the specified area or region. Odin Flash tool has provided users with more freedom than Samsung ever intended to. It facilitates installing both official and unofficial firmware without any restriction. Before you download Odin flash tool, take a look at some key features that make it popular among the users:
- Easily flash stock firmware on Galaxy devices.
- Flash custom recovery like TWRP and ClockWorkMod.
- Flash custom kernels for enhanced performance and better battery life.
- Install Root Packages like SuperSU to gain root access on your Samsung Device.
After gaining the insights about benefits and features of the useful tool, the next section will cover the steps to download Odin flash tool. After you have downloaded, you may further follow the instructions to install it on your Windows PC.
Updated on 26 February 2019: Added patched Odin v3.13.1 that skips SHA256 checks and model mismatches errors. Thanks to realbbb!
Download Odin Tool (All Versions)
It is strongly recommended to download the latest Odin3 3.13.1 version in most cases. If you’re using Odin for an older device or Android version, then make sure to download the corresponding version.
PrinceComsyModifiedODIN.zip (For newer generation Galaxy devices like Note 8)
Odin3_v3.13.1.zip (Latest version)
Odin3_v3.11.1.zip (For Marshmallow firmware)
Odin3_v3.10.7.zip (For Marshmallow firmware)
Odin3_v3.09.zip (For KitKat/JellyBean firmware)
Odin3_v1.85.zip (For Ice Cream Sandwich and Gingerbread firmware)
- Make sure to download latest Samsung USB driver and install it on your PC.
- Odin only supports flashing firmware and files only on Samsung Android devices.
- The tool only supports Windows operating system.
- While using the tool, make sure that Samsung Kies software is not running or else it may interrupt the process.
- To install a Firmware, you must download the stock firmware for your device. Some most trustable sources are:
How to Install Odin Flash Tool on Windows PC
- Download Odin Flash tool zip from above. Make sure to download the correct one as per the Android version.
- Extract the downloaded file on your PC using an archive tool.
- Open the extracted folder “Odin3_v3.13.1”.
- Double-click on the executable file “Odin3 v3.13.1.exe“.
- Note: If you launch previous versions of Odin, you shall be prompted to allow “User Account Control” as well.
- The tool will automatically launch on your Windows PC.
- Just connect your Samsung Galaxy device in Download Mode, select the files, and you’re good to go.
Note that Odin only supports files with “.tar“ and “.tar.md5“ extensions.
Though Odin Flash Tool is considered to be the best in its class, it has a flip side as well. The program completely writes the whole system. Due to which it can prove to be dangerous if any interruption occurs during the installation process. Under such circumstances, your device can be bricked. Reflashing the firmware using Odin can often fix this issue. But if things go completely out of hand, then there is no point of return.
So you have just been able to download Odin Flash Tool for Samsung Galaxy devices and install it on Windows.