Has your Xiaomi phone received a new MIUI update? Then follow this guide to easily install MIUI Recovery ROM using stock recovery and Updater app on Xiaomi devices.
Any smartphone user prefers getting the software updates at the earliest possible. But that’s not the case every time. Manufacturers roll out updates over-the-air, often referred to as ‘OTA updates’. And these could take some time before they reach every designated handset in the world. It could often be annoying for a user to wait for the OTA notification. This waiting time could be of hours, days, or even a few weeks.
That’s where manual updating comes in handy. Xiaomi provides full ROMs of every update, for each of its compatible devices. The OEM releases two different versions of these updates, in different formats, following different installation methods. These are known as – Recovery ROM and Fastboot ROM. Today, we are going to put some attention on the former, which is quite easier and less time-consuming than the latter. So now you can follow the instructions below to install MIUI Recovery ROM using Updater app and stock recovery.
- Install MIUI Fastboot ROM using MiFlash Tool (Xiaomi Devices)
- How To Fix Third Party Theme Error on Redmi Devices
- How to Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Devices
- Guide to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Devices
Instructions to Install MIUI Recovery ROM on Xiaomi Devices
As the term ‘Recovery’ suggests, these firmware packages are installed using the stock recovery or by using the default Updater app, available on every Xiaomi device running MIUI. We have covered both the methods in detail below.
Method 1: Flash MIUI Recovery ROM using Updater App
- First, download the full ROM for your device from the official download page.
- Connect your Xiaomi phone to the PC using the USB cable.
- Transfer the downloaded zip file to the phone’s storage (Internal/SD card).
- When the file has been successfully transferred, disconnect the device.
- On your device, go to the homescreen and open the ‘Tools’ folder.
- Tap on the ‘Updater‘ app icon to launch it.
- Press the menu icon (3-dots) on the top-right of the phone’s screen.
- Select the ‘Choose update package‘ option.
- Navigate to the location where you transferred the file.
- Select the recovery ROM zip and press ‘Ok‘ to confirm and install MIUI Recovery ROM on your Xiaomi phone.
The flashing process will finish in a few seconds.
Method 2: Flash MIUI Recovery ROM using Stock Recovery
- Download the MIUI Recovery ROM zip file for your Xiaomi device from the official download page.
- Rename the downloaded file to ‘update.zip‘.
- Connect your device to the PC and transfer the file to the phone’s internal storage or SD card.
- Next, power down your Xiaomi device completely.
- Press and hold the Volume Up (+) and Power buttons altogether until you see the recovery mode.
- Select the recovery language as ‘English‘.
- In recovery mode, you will need to use the Volume keys to move the selector and use the Power button to confirm an option.
- Select the ‘Install update.zip to System‘ option.
- Finally, tap on ‘Yes’ to install MIUI Recovery ROM using stock recovery.
- The new update will be automatically installed on your device.
- When the process is complete, press the ‘Back‘ button and select ‘Reboot‘.
Your phone shall now be running the latest MIUI firmware. You may go ahead and try all the new features and expect an overall better performance.
This process goes common to almost all Xiaomi phones. We cover all the latest MIUI updates for these devices and the steps in this tutorial will help you get those updates manually, at the earliest possible.
So this was our detailed guide on how to install MIUI Recovery ROM using Updater App and stock recovery. If you have any questions, leave them in the comments section down below.