The first OTA update for the Android One-based Xiaomi device is now rolling out. Follow this guide to install Xiaomi Mi A1 November Update using MiFlash tool.
Xiaomi has gained immense popularity in the global smartphone market. And that’s for a pretty obvious reason. The manufacturer offers smartphones with decent specs at lower rates, that would suit almost anyone’s pocket. The company also came up with its first non-MIUI smartphone – Xiaomi Mi A1. It comes with the Android vanilla experience (Android One). A new update has landed for the device but it is yet to roll out worldwide. If you’re not so keen on waiting, you can use the instructions below to install Xiaomi Mi A1 November update right now.
Table of Contents
Xiaomi Mi A1 November Update – N2G47H.7.11.18
The device incorporates the Android One system, which means the software and hardware are well optimized to run the latest Android version. Another advantage of Android One is that the OS updates are directly handled by Google. Which means it gets updates much sooner than the MIUI-based phones.
A new update has been unveiled for the Xiaomi Mi A1 that is rolling out with November Security Patches, along with other fixes. Users over at XDA forums have already reported about the OTA notification.
Before you get to the instructions and install Xiaomi Mi A1 November update, let’s take a quick look at the changes. The size of this OTA is approx. 466.9 MB, which is considerably large. The update is still based on Android Nougat and brings the latest November Security Patches along with overall performance improvements.
Since the update is incremental, it might take some time before it reaches to everybody. If you’re not willing to wait for it to arrive, you can install Xiaomi Mi A1 November Update (N2G47H.7.10.30) directly using the MiFlash tool.
- Although the process will save your user data, we still strongly advise you to take a full backup of your phone including messages, contacts, internal storage, etc. You can follow our guide on how to backup Android phones.
- Charge your Mi A1 to at least 50-60% battery level to avoid any shutdowns during the flashing process.
- Download and install the MiFlash tool on your PC.
- Make sure to use a good quality USB Type-C cable. Preferably the one provided in the box.
Instructions to Install Xiaomi Mi A1 November Update
- Download the N2G47H.7.11.18 update (Fastboot ROM):
- Extract the download ROM file to an easily accessible location on your PC. To demonstrate, we have extracted the downloaded *.tgz file to C:\MIUI\ROM.
- Now, boot your A1 into Fastboot Mode using:
- Once the device is in Fastboot Mode, connect it to the PC via the USB cable.
- Run the MiFlash tool on your PC and click on the ‘refresh’ button.
- Your device should now be detected by the tool and it should show the active COM port.
- Now, click on the ‘select’ button. The folder selection window will pop up.
- Browse and select the folder where all the ROM files were extracted. For example, in our case, it would be the ‘ROM’ folder in C:\MIUI.
- On the bottom of the MiFlash window, select ‘save user data’. It is important that you select this option, otherwise the phone will be completely wiped.
- Finally, to install Xiaomi Mi A1 November update, click on the ‘flash’ button.
The flashing process might take a few minutes to complete. So hold back and do not disturb the connection.
The progress bar should turn Green and the ‘success’ message will be displayed in the MiFlash window. At this moment, your device will restart automatically and you can safely disconnect it.
Once your Mi A1 boots, go through the initial setup. If your phone had TWRP installed or was rooted prior to installing the update, you can re-flash TWRP and root your Mi A1 by following the instructions on this page.
There you go! You have just been able to install the Xiaomi Mi A1 November update N2G47H.7.11.18. If you face any issues during the laid process, kindly leave a comment below.