In this post, we have compiled the list LineageOS 15.1 supported devices, officially and unofficially.
LineageOS is a well-known name in the aftermarket firmware community. The custom ROM was forked from its discontinued predecessor – CyanogenMod, back in December 2016. The new brand name was evolved to better, so while offering everything that CyanogenMod previously did, LineageOS also creates a new standard for custom ROMs. Along the course, LineageOS has kept adding support for various OEM devices and crossed the mark of 1.5 million active installs within months. The user base is expanding exponentially with a series of unofficial builds compiled by third-party developers at XDA forums. Below is the list of LineageOS 15.1 Supported Devices, check if your Android phone is supported or not.
List of LineageOS 15.1 Supported Devices Based on Android 8.1 Oreo
Android users are keen on getting Android Oreo running on their respective devices. However, OEMs often tend to terminate the official support due to hardware limitations or other factors. In such a situation, an Android user looks forward to the Android development community in order to get support for the latest Android version. At the moment, the most popular custom ROM based on Android 8.1 Oreo is LineageOS 15.1 itself.
The ROM is already in active development, the changes for which could be tracked down at the official Github repo. According to the official developers, the team has skipped the release of LAOS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo) and moved directly on to LAOS 15.1 based on Android 8.1 Oreo. Which sort of turns out to be a good and bad news for the awaiting users. Good, because users will get to enjoy the more recent version of Android. Bad, since they will probably need to wait more before the official builds are announced.
Before we get to the LineageOS 15.1 Supported Devices list, let us dive more into the ROM itself and how it can benefit you.
- Get Android 8.1 Oreo running on your device.
- Fixes for widely affecting vulnerabilities including KRACK and Blueborne.
- Touchscreen gestures
- Redesigned Recorder application
Since LAOS 15.1 is based on Android 8.1 Oreo, you can relish all the exclusive features including Picture-in-Picture mode, Notification Dots, Autofill Framework, faster boot time, and much more. The builds also include the stock LineageOS 15.1 wallpapers.
However, developers and members over at the XDA forums are already onto compiling LineageOS from the available 8.1 Oreo sources. The ROM has already been ported to an extensive list of devices from various manufacturers. Note that these ROMs are compiled and distributed by third-party developers at the XDA-Developers community. All the credits and our appreciations go to the respective developers.
- Update: LineageOS 15.1 is now rolling out for the supported devices. We have updated the list to reflect the latest official builds and unofficial ports in the respective sections. We shall be updating this list on a regular basis, so you may even want to bookmark it.
- Update (May 7, 2018): Added Nexus 4 (mako) to the official list.
- Update (May 22, 2018): Added Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (mido) and HTC One A9 (haie) to the official list.
- Update (June 19, 2018): Added OnePlus One, Oppo Find 7, Samsung Galaxy S5 Plus, and Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE-A to the official list.
LineageOS 15.1 Supported Devices and Download Links
|Google Nexus 4||Download|
|Google Nexus 6||Download|
|Google Nexus 5X||Download|
|Google Nexus 6P||Download|
|Google Pixel C||Download|
|HTC One A9||Download|
|LeEco Le Pro 3||Download|
|Motorola Moto Z||Download|
|Nvidia Shield Android TV||Download|
|Oppo Find 7||Download|
|Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 Wi-Fi (2016)||Download|
|Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 Wi-Fi (2016)||Download|
|Samsung Galaxy S5 Plus||Download|
|Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE-A||Download|
|Samsung Galaxy S9||Download|
|Samsung Galaxy S9+||Download|
|Xiaomi Mi Note 2||Download|
|Xiaomi Mi 5||Download|
|Xiaomi Mi 5s||Download|
|Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus||Download|
|Xiaomi Mi 6||Download|
|Xiaomi Mi Mix 2||Download|
|Xiaomi Redmi Note 4||Download|
|Asus||Zenfone 2 Laser/Selfie||Link|
|Nexus 7 (2013)||Link|
|Nexus 9||Link / Instructions|
|Pixel 2 XL||Link / Instructions|
|HTC||HTC One M9||Link|
|HTC One M8||Link|
|LeEco||LeEco Le 2||Link|
|LeEco Le Max 2||Link|
|LeEco Le Pro 3||Link|
|Lenovo K5/K5 Plus||Link / Instructions|
|Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro||Link|
|Lenovo Zuk Z1||Link|
|Motorola||Moto E||Link / Instructions|
|Moto E 2015||Link|
|Moto G (2013)||Link|
|Moto G2 (2014)||Link|
|Moto G3 (2015)||Link|
|Moto G4 Plus||Link|
|Moto G4 Play||Link|
|Moto G5 Plus||Link / Instructions|
|Moto G5S Plus||Link|
|Moto X (2014)||Link|
|Moto X Play||Link|
|Moto Z2 Play||Link|
|OnePlus 5||Link / Instructions|
|Samsung||Galaxy Note 3||Link|
|Galaxy Note 4 Edge||Link|
|Galaxy S4 (All variants)||Link|
|Galaxy S4 Active||Link|
|Galaxy S7||Link / Instructions|
|Galaxy S7 Edge||Link / Instructions|
|Galaxy Tab S2||Link|
|Galaxy J7 (2016)||Link|
|Galaxy J7 Prime||Link|
|Galaxy Grand Prime||Link|
|Xperia Tablet Z||Link|
|Xperia XZ1 Compact||Link|
|Xiaomi||Xiaomi Mi 3||Link|
|Xiaomi Mi 4c||Link|
|Xiaomi Mi 4i||Link / Instructions|
|Xiaomi Mi 5||Link|
|Xiaomi Mi 5s||Link|
|Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus||Link|
|Xiaomi Mi 6||Link|
|Xiaomi Mi Note 2||Link|
|Redmi Note 3||Link|
|Redmi Note 4||Link / Instructions|
|ZTE||ZTE Nubia Z17||Link|
Steps to Install LineageOS 15.1 ROM
Irrespective of the device for which you have downloaded the ROM, the instructions for flashing stay the same. You must have TWRP recovery in order to flash LineageOS 15.1 on your Android phone or tablet. We strongly suggest you follow our guide on how to backup Android phones before proceeding.
- Download the ROM zip from above.
- Next, download the latest GApps package.
- Connect your phone to the PC using the USB cable.
- Transfer the ROM and GApps files to the device’s storage or SD card.
- Once transferred, disconnect the device and power it off.
- Press the special buttons combination specific to your device to enter TWRP recovery mode.
- Go to “Wipe” -> “Advanced Wipe” and select the following check boxes.
- Swipe the “Swipe to confirm Wipe” button on the screen.
- Go back to the main screen and tap on the “Install” button.
- Navigate to the internal storage and select the ROM zip.
- Once selected, tap on the “Add more Zips” option and select the GApps zip this time.
- You have just added the files to the flashing queue.
- Swipe the button to install LineageOS 15.1 on your Android device.
- Once the flashing process is complete, hit “Reboot System”.
If you’d further like to root the ROM, you can download latest SuperSU / Magisk zip and flash it using TWRP. When your phone boots, you shall be able to enjoy all the latest features of the ROM. The official release is yet to be announced until then, stay tuned and keep an eye on this list for latest LineageOS ROM ports based on Android 8.1 Oreo.
So this was our list of LineageOS 15.1 supported devices and the respective original XDA threads for download links. If you think we left a device or have any questions, kindly leave a comment.