OnePlus is now rolling out Android 10 based OxygenOS 10.3.2 update for the OnePlus 6 and 6T. Through this post, you can download OnePlus 6/6T OxygenOS 10.3.2 update and follow the instructions to manually install the update right now. This can be done either by using the Local Upgrade option in Settings or through TWRP recovery.
Back in October 2019, OnePlus released the first Open Beta of OxygenOS based on Android 10 for the OP6/6T. According to the official roadmap, the said devices were designated to receive the stable update in November 2019. That has indeed turned out to be true. The latest OnePlus 6/6T Android 10-based OxygenOS 10.3.2 update has started rolling out to the users over-the-air. The OTA update weighs just over 200 MB and carries February 2020 security patches.
- 1 What’s new in Android 10 Update for OnePlus 6 and 6T?
- 2 Prerequisites
- 3 Download OnePlus 6/6T OxygenOS 10.3.2
- 4 How to Install OxygenOS 10 (Android 10) Update on OnePlus 6/6T
What’s new in Android 10 Update for OnePlus 6 and 6T?
Being a major version upgrade, Android 10-based OxygenOS 10.3.2 update for OnePlus 6/6T brings a lot of new features and changes. First of all, you will get all the base Android 10 features like Smart Reply, System-wide Dark Theme, Live Captions, Privacy Controls, new and improved gesture navigation, Focus Mode in Digital Wellbeing, and much more. For the complete list of Android 10 features, please visit the official website.
So apart from that, what else does this update brings to the table? According to the official release post, the following are the complete changelogs, enlisting all the new changes and features of every OxygenOS 10 update for OnePlus 6/6T.
OxygenOS 10.3.2 Changelog
Released on: February 27, 2020
- Fixed the screen flickering issue while swiping up to unlock
- Improved system stability and fixed general bugs
- Updated Android security patch to 2020.02
OxygenOS 10.3.1 Changelog
Released on: January 23, 2020
- Fixed the issue with a black screen appearing after unlocking the device using fingerprint
- Fixed the issue with the animation logo while rebooting the device
- Fixed the issue with device heating up while charging
- Fixed the random disconnection issue with 5Ghz Hotspot
- Improved system stability and fixed general bugs
- Updated Android security patch to 2019.12
- Optimized the image preview time in the Pro mode
- Fixed the camera crash issue
- Fixed the issue with videos and images not displaying in Gallery
OxygenOS 10.3.0 Changelog
Released on: 19 December 2019
- Updated system to Android 10
- Brand new UI for Android 10
- Fixed the automatic reboot issue
- Added the notch area display option in the Settings (Settings – Display – Notch display – Hide the notch area)
- Fixed the issue with lock screen appearing even after unlocking the device with the password
- Fixed the issue with Navigation bar after upgrade
- Fixed the Digital wellbeing option missing in the settings
- Updated Android security patch to 2019.11
- Fingerprint unlock functionality improvement
- Enhanced the fingerprint animation
- Camera performance improvement
- Wifi Connectivity
- Fixed the issue of Wifi connection to 5Ghz networks
As you can see, OxygenOS 10.3.2 for OnePlus 6 and 6T mostly aims at bringing the February 2020 security patch, along with several general bug fixes and enhancements. However, this latest update also fixes a particularly annoying screen flickering issue that the users have been facing since the last update.
This update is currently being rolled out in a staged manner. This means it will be available for a limited number of users first, followed by a wider rollout to ensure that no critical bugs are present.
You can also manually check for the update by going to “Settings” → “System” → “System updates” on your phone. If you still haven’t received it, then you can manually upgrade right now. To do so, just head below to download OnePlus 6/6T OxygenOS 10.3.2 (Android 10) update and follow the instructions to install it.
Ensure that you fulfill all the requirements listed below before you proceed further.
- Take a backup first! Manually installing updates can often cause data loss, if done wrong. So to be precautious, make sure that you take a backup of all your data stored on the device. We suggest you take a look at our detailed tutorial on how to backup your phone completely.
- Charge your phone to a sufficient battery level (60% or above) to avoid any sudden shutdowns during the update process.
- Download the latest OnePlus USB drivers from here and install them on your PC. These will only be required if you download the ROM package on your PC and need to transfer it to your phone’s storage during the installation instructions.
- If you have the Open Beta version of OOS installed on your phone, make sure to revert to the stable channel using the rollback package provided here.
- (Only for Method 2 & 3) If your phone is rooted with Magisk, then disable and uninstall all installed modules in the Magisk Manager app.
Download OnePlus 6/6T OxygenOS 10.3.2
The files provided below are full ROM packages of OxygenOS 10 updates based on Android 10. This means you can install them on your OnePlus 6/6T running any previous stable OxygenOS version (based on Android 9 Pie or Android 10) or a custom ROM. We have also added links to the previous OxygenOS 10 versions, just in case you need them.
- OxygenOS 10.3.2: OnePlus6Oxygen_22_OTA_044_all_2002220042_1ddab656e8abe.zip
- OxygenOS 10.3.1: OnePlus6Oxygen_22_OTA_043_all_2001151909_f33d538998.zip| Mirror link
- OxygenOS 10.3.0: OnePlus6Oxygen_22_OTA_042_all_1912142031_0fb330.zip | Mirror link
- OxygenOS 10.0.1: OnePlus6Oxygen_22_OTA_041_all_1911142043_dde113e53cd0f9.zip| Mirror link
- OxygenOS 10: OnePlus6Oxygen_22_OTA_040_all_1910270546_42a63.zip | Mirror link
- OxygenOS 10.3.2: OnePlus6TOxygen_34_OTA_044_all_2002220041_110bb9052a994b6f.zip
- OxygenOS 10.3.1: OnePlus6TOxygen_34_OTA_043_all_2001151910_ab93e4deb6c1b.zip | Mirror link
- OxygenOS 10.3.0: OnePlus6TOxygen_34_OTA_042_all_1912142031_d9ef3.zip | Mirror link
- OxygenOS 10.0.1: OnePlus6TOxygen_34_OTA_041_all_1911142208_af338.zip | Mirror link
- OxygenOS 10: OnePlus6TOxygen_34_OTA_040_all_1910270448_e026ea4b864.zip | Mirror link
A huge thanks to XDA member Some_Random_Username for uploading and providing the mirror download links!
How to Install OxygenOS 10 (Android 10) Update on OnePlus 6/6T
Now, that there are three different methods/ways to install this update on your OnePlus 6/6T, as follows. Make sure to choose the method that matches your device’s current state.
- The first method is for users who have stock OxygenOS firmware installed without any modifications (like TWRP, Magisk, etc).
- The second method is those who have TWRP installed on their device. For this method, you will also need to use the latest unofficial TWRP recovery build that supports Android 10.
- And finally, the third method is for users who have rooted their device with Magisk patched boot image method and will ensure that your phone stays rooted even after the update.
Manually installing updates can often raise problems. So, if you face any unusual bugs/issues after upgrading through any of the methods listed below, then try performing a factory reset.
Method 1: Using ‘Local Upgrade’ in Settings
- Download OnePlus 6/6T OxygenOS 10.3.2 full ROM package.
- Connect your phone to the PC using the USB cable.
- Copy the downloaded ROM package to the root directory (outside all folders) of the phone’s internal storage.
- Disconnect your device from the PC once the file has been successfully copied.
- Now, go to ‘Settings’ → ‘System’ → ‘System updates’ on your phone.
- Press the gear (cog) icon on the top-right of the screen.
- Tap ‘Local Upgrade’ and select the OxygenOS 10.3.2 full ROM package.
- Finally, tap on ‘INSTALL NOW’ to install OnePlus 6/6T OxygenOS 10.3.2 (Android 10) update.
- Once the installation finishes press the ‘REBOOT‘ button.
Method 2: Using TWRP Recovery
This method will allow you to retain TWRP recovery and Magisk root after successfully flashing OxygenOS 10 via TWRP.
- Download Android 10-based OxygenOS 10.3.2 full ROM for your OnePlus 6 or 6T.
- Also download the latest Android 10 TWRP Installer zip (OnePlus 6/OnePlus 6T), OldKeymasterFlasher.zip (Only OP6T), Magisk uninstaller and Magisk 20.3 installer zip files.
- Transfer all the downloaded files to your phone’s storage.
- Now power off your phone completely and boot it into TWRP recovery mode.
- Enter the phone’s lock screen password when prompted. This is needed to successfully decrypt the [“/data”] partition in TWRP.
- Go to the ‘Install’ menu in TWRP and select the Magisk Uninstaller zip file (e.gMagisk-uninstaller-20191102.zip).
- Swipe the button on the bottom to flash the file.
- (Only if you have a custom ROM installed) Go to ‘Wipe’ → ‘Advanced Wipe’ and select the ‘Dalvik/ART Cache’, ‘System’, and ‘Data’ checkboxes. Then swipe the ‘Swipe to Wipe’ button to wipe the current custom ROM completely.
- Again, go to the ‘Install’ menu and select the OxygenOS 10 full ROM zip file (e.g. OnePlus6TOxygen_34_OTA_040_all_1910270448_e026ea4b864.zip).
- Tap on ‘Add more Zips’ and select the TWRP installer zip file (e.g. twrp-3.3.1-31-fajita-mauronofrio-installer.zip) and OldKeymasterFlasher.zip file (Only for OP6T) to add them to the flashing queue.
- Now, swipe the button to install all the files on your OnePlus 6/6T.
- Once installed, go to the ‘Reboot’ menu and tap on ‘Recovery’ to reboot your phone back into TWRP recovery mode.
- Again go to the ‘Install’ menu, select the Magisk installer (Magisk-v20.3.zip) file, and install it.
- Finally, press the ‘Reboot Now’ button.
Your phone should now be running Android 10-based OxygenOS 10 with TWRP and Magisk Root still installed.
Method 3: Using Local Upgrade with Magisk Root
This method is to be used if you have rooted your OnePlus 6/6T without TWRP, by using the Magisk Patched Boot Image.
To install OxygenOS 10 in such a case, simply follow the instructions in Method 1 above until step 9. After that, DO NOT REBOOT your phone. Once the full ROM package has been installed, follow step 5 in this post to install Magisk to the inactive slot, that is, where the OxygenOS 10 update is installed.
This will allow you to install Android 10-based OxygenOS 10.3.1 on your OnePlus 6/6T while still maintaining Magisk root.
Provide Your Valuable Feedback
That’s all! You may now go ahead and test out all the new features in this update. Android 10 in itself has a lot of new nifty features to offer, and with OnePlus’ OxygenOS 10 sitting atop, you will get to have the best possible software experience on your OnePlus 6 and 6T till date.
If you find any bugs or face any issues, use the OnePlus Community app or use the integrated feedback tool to provide your feedback. This shall help accelerate the development process and help OnePlus quickly roll out future updates.
Now that you’ve updated, follow this guide to root your OnePlus 6/6T running Android 10, without using TWRP.
So, you have just succeeded to download and install Android 10-based OxygenOS 10 update on your OnePlus 6/6T. Don’t forget to share your experience using the new features and changes introduced in Android 10-based OxygenOS 10 for the said devices. We feel that OnePlus has indeed worked hard and improved the overall UX with this update. Do you feel the same, or otherwise? Let us know by commenting below.