This page serves as a repository through which you can download all OxygenOS OTA updates for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro released to date. This includes the latest OxygenOS 18.104.22.168 update that brings the June 2021 security patch and some minor bug fixes. Further, you’ll also learn how to manually install OxygenOS updates on the OnePlus 8/8 Pro using the Local Upgrade option in Settings.
Table of Contents
The Need for Manually Upgrading OxygenOS
OnePlus is well-known for providing dedicated software support for all its phones and the OnePlus 8 series is no different. Ever since the phone’s launch, the company has rolled out monthly security updates in a timely manner. Recently, they also released the Android 11-based OxygenOS 11 stable update.
Like any other Android device, OxygenOS updates for the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro are rolled out over the air. Since this rollout is staged, these updates are made available for a small percentage of devices initially, followed by a wider rollout in the following days/weeks. This ensures that no critical bugs are present in the update before it’s available for everyone.
This also means that you’ll often need to wait for the latest OTA update to arrive on your phone. Well, not necessarily. If you wish to upgrade your phone to the latest OxygenOS version right now, then you can simply download the latest OxygenOS OTA package for your OnePlus 8/OnePlus 8 Pro from below and install it manually.
Alternatively, you could also use the Oxygen Updater app to immediately get the latest updates on your phone.
Before you attempt to manually upgrade your phone, it’s strongly advised to check if the OTA update for automatic installation is available for your device or not. To do this, go to “Settings” > “System” > “System updates” on your phone.
Download OnePlus 8 OxygenOS Updates
Below, you will find the download links of all OxygenOS OTA/Full ROM packages for the OnePlus 8. These links have been sorted according to the different models of both the phones and have been listed in chronological order. These are full OTA packages and thus can be installed over any previous OxygenOS version installed on your phone.
Download OnePlus 8 Pro OxygenOS Updates
Below, you will find the download links of all OxygenOS OTA/Full ROM packages for the OnePlus 8 Pro. These links have been sorted according to the different models of both the phones and have been listed in chronological order. These are full OTA packages and thus can be installed over any previous OxygenOS version installed on your phone.
Ensure that you fulfill all the requirements listed below before you proceed to the installation instructions.
- Take a backup first! Manually installing updates does not erase any data on your phone. However, to be precautious and for safeguarding, make sure that you take a backup of all your data stored on the device. We suggest you take a look at our detailed tutorial on how to backup your phone completely.
- Charge your phone to a sufficient battery level (60% or above) to avoid any sudden shutdowns during the update process.
- Download the latest OnePlus USB drivers and install them on your PC. These will only be required if you download the ROM package on your PC and need to transfer it to your phone’s storage during the installation instructions.
- If you have the Open Beta version of OOS installed on your phone, make sure to revert to the stable channel using the rollback package provided here.
How to manually install OxygenOS updates on OnePlus 8/8 Pro
The stock OxygenOS software includes an in-built update option called ‘Local Upgrade’. This option is located in the phone’s settings menu and can be used to manually install OxygenOS ROM files. To manually install the latest OxygenOS update on your OnePlus 8/OnePlus 8 Pro:
- First, download the full ROM/OTA package of the OxygenOS update you want to install.
- Connect your OnePlus 8/8 Pro to the computer and transfer the update package to the root directory (outside all folders) of the phone’s internal storage.
- Once the file has been placed in the correct location, open the “Settings” menu, and scroll down to the bottom.
- Select “System” and then “System updates”.
- Press the cogwheel icon on the top-right of the screen and select the “Local Upgrade” option.
- Tap the ROM file and select ‘Install now’ when prompted. The in-built updater will now install the ROM file of the OxygenOS update on your OnePlus 8/8 Pro.
- Once the installation finishes press the ‘REBOOT’ button shown on the phone’s screen.
Your phone should now reboot into the updated OxygenOS 11 software with the latest Android security patch.
Tip: If your phone is rooted via Magisk but does not have TWRP installed, then it’s possible to install the latest OxygenOS OTA update on your rooted OnePlus 8/8 Pro, while still preserving root.
That’s it! You have just learned how to download and manually install OxygenOS updates on your OnePlus 8/8 Pro. You can repeat the same process every time a new update is released. We will be keeping this page constantly updated with the download links for every new update that is released.
If you find any bugs or face any issues, use the OnePlus Community app or use the integrated feedback tool to provide your feedback. This shall help accelerate the development process and help OnePlus quickly roll out future updates.
If you have any questions regarding this update or feel stuck anywhere while performing the update, let us know.