Xiaomi has finally released Android 8.1 Oreo for the Mi A1. You can now download Xiaomi Mi A1 18.104.22.168 Oreo update with June 2018 security patches. Follow the instructions below to install the TWRP flashable ZIP or Fastboot ROM right now.
The phone, also the first one from Xiaomi to be based on the Android One program has always received constant software updates every month. The first Oreo firmware was available for the device during late December, in 2017. And now, after months of rumors and patience, users can now install Android 8.1 Oreo on Xiaomi Mi A1. The new update carries June 2018 Android security patch and is now rolling out over-the-air. But like any other software upgrade, it will be reaching out to the devices gradually. If you’re keen on upgrading your phone right now, then we are here to help. The tutorial below will help you download and install Xiaomi Mi A1 22.214.171.124 Oreo update right now.
Guide to Install Xiaomi Mi Android 8.1 Oreo Update
A few days ago, we saw the Mi A1 126.96.36.199 update, but that was the beta firmware and may not have suited an average user. Today, the users can finally install Android 8.1 Oreo on Xiaomi Mi A1 using the stable firmware. The new build is labeled OPM1.171019.019.V188.8.131.52.ODHMIFE and brings June 2018 Security Patch. The OTA weighs 1.1 GB, 1157.5 MB to be precise.
Update (1 July 2018): The update was pulled back due to some major bugs. More information here. The bug fix release should be live in the coming time and we shall update this post with the corresponding links and instructions.
Other than that, the OTA notification doesn’t mention any major changes, officially. However, since the update is based on Android 8.1 Oreo, you shall see several visual changes and internal performance upgrades, along with bug fixes. We have managed to gather almost all the visible major changes that can expect from this new firmware, all of which are listed below.
- Revamped power menu with a tinted background color
- Automatic Dark Theme according to the wallpaper’s color
- Upgraded Launcher3 (stock launcher)
- WiFi speed labels
- Battery indicator for connected Bluetooth devices such as a portable speaker
- Improved smart text selections
- Better audio quality
- And several other Android 8.1 Oreo features
The new update doesn’t bring Project Treble support for Xiaomi Mi A1, as previously speculated. Also, there’s still no camer2 API support present yet. Which means, you will still need to go through unofficial ways to enable it.
Thanks to XDA Senior Member Displax, you can now download Xiaomi Mi A1 184.108.40.206 Oreo update based on Android 8.1 Oreo. You can either install the flashable ZIP using TWRP or use the Mi Flash tool to install the fastboot image.
- Make sure to take a full backup of all your data on the phone. You can also follow our guide on how to backup Android phones.
- Charge the Xiaomi Mi A1 to at least 50-60% battery level.
- In order to use Method 1, you must install TWRP recovery on Mi A1.
- For method 2, you must download Mi Flash tool and install it on the PC.
Download Xiaomi Mi A1 220.127.116.11 Oreo Update
TWRP Flashable: tissot-T-OPM1.171019.019.V18.104.22.168.ODHMIFE.zip
Fastboot Image: tissot-F-OPM1.171019.019.V22.214.171.124.ODHMIFE.zip
Instructions to Install Xiaomi Mi A1 126.96.36.199 Oreo Update
As always, there are two different methods to install Android 8.1 Oreo on Xiaomi Mi A1. Method 1 will help you install the flashable ZIP using TWRP. Or, you can use Method 2 to flash the fastboot image.
Method 1: Using TWRP Recovery
- Download Xiaomi Mi A1 188.8.131.52 Oreo TWRP Flashable ZIP.
- Connect the phone to the PC using the USB cable and transfer the ZIP file to the phone’s storage.
- Disconnect the phone and power it off.
- Press the Volume Up and Power button simultaneously to enter TWRP recovery.
- Tap on the ‘Install’ button.
- Navigate the internal storage and select the flashable ZIP file.
- Finally, swipe the button on the screen to install Xiaomi Mi A1 184.108.40.206 Oreo update.
- When the flashing process is finished, hit ‘Reboot System’
Method 2: Using Mi Flash Tool
- Download Xiaomi Mi A1 220.127.116.11 Oreo Fastboot image.
- Power off the device.
- Press the Volume Down and Power button simultaneously to enter Fastboot mode.
- Connect the phone to the PC using the USB cable.
- Finally, follow our tutorial on how to install Fastboot ROM using Mi Flash tool.
- When finished, the phone will reboot automatically.
When the phone boots, it shall be running the latest stable 18.104.22.168 firmware with June 2018 Android security patch. Overall, the system should now be more fluent with performance and battery life. After a lot of patience, users can finally install Android 8.1 Oreo on Xiaomi Mi A1 and enjoy all the latest features. The update might have arrived pretty late, at the end of the month of July, but was still worth the wait since it arrived with a major Android version bump.
So, you have finally been able to download and install Xiaomi Mi A1 22.214.171.124 Oreo update. If you have any queries regarding the process, please leave a comment below to let us know.