The Mi A1 is receiving July 2018 security patch via a new software update. In this post, you can download Xiaomi Mi A1 184.108.40.206 Oreo update and follow the instructions to install it on your device right now.
Being a part of the Android One program awards a device with regular updates and up-to-date software. The Xiaomi Mi A1 belongs to the same league and has already received one major Android upgrade and several monthly patches. After months of internal testing and constant rumors, Android 8.1 Oreo finally made its way to the Mi A1 last month. However, the update was pulled back due to the presence of a few severe issues. This month, the OEM is resuming the Xiaomi Mi A1 Android 8.1 Oreo update with July 2018 security patch. It seems like the manufacturer was finally able to resolve the problem and wanted to award the users with the most up-to-date security patch at the same time.
Guide to Install Xiaomi Mi A1 220.127.116.11 Oreo Update
The update started rolling out over-the-air for some users a few days ago. The new firmware is labeled build number OPM1.171019.026.v18.104.22.168.ODHMIFE. The OTA weighs 467.3 MB for those running the previous 22.214.171.124 firmware. For those still using Android 8.0 Oreo and didn’t update yet, the OTA is 1152 MB in size.
Before we get over to the instructions to download Xiaomi Mi A1 126.96.36.199 Oreo update and install it, let us take a quick look at the changes. For starters, the update carries July 2018 Android Security Patch and is also based on Android 8.1 Oreo. Which means you’ll get to enjoy all the new 8.1 Oreo features including the revamped Power menu, Google Dark theme based on wallpaper color, semi-transparent Quick Settings menu, and more. On the other hand, it still doesn’t bring Project Treble support for Xiaomi Mi A1.
For those who haven’t received the OTA notification yet, this guide will help you install Xiaomi Mi A1 188.8.131.52 Oreo update manually, right now. The official fastboot image is now available too. Or, if you wish to install it via TWRP recovery, we have also linked to a TWRP-flashable ZIP provided by XDA Senior Member Displax. The instructions for both are laid down in the sections below.
- Like we always suggest, take a full backup of all the data on the phone. We also have a detailed guide on how to backup Android phones.
- Charge the phone to a sufficient battery level to avoid any sudden shutdowns during the update process.
- You must install TWRP recovery on Mi A1 if you are to choose method 1.
- For method 2, you must download Mi Flash tool and install it on the PC.
Download Xiaomi Mi A1 184.108.40.206 Oreo Update
tissot-T-OPM1.171019.026.V220.127.116.11.ODHMIFE.zip (Link removed by uploader)
Instructions to Install Xiaomi Mi A1 18.104.22.168 Oreo Update
Now, there are two different, yet very easy methods to install Xiaomi Mi A1 22.214.171.124 Oreo update. The first method will guide you on how to properly flash the ZIP file using TWRP recovery. The second method, on the other hand, allows you to install the official fastboot image using the Mi Flash Tool.
Method 1: Using TWRP Recovery
- Download Xiaomi Mi A1 126.96.36.199 Oreo TWRP flashable ZIP.
- Connect the phone to the PC and transfer the file to the phone’s storage.
- Disconnect the phone and power it off.
- Press the Volume Up and Power button simultaneously to enter TWRP recovery.
- [Optional – If using a custom ROM] Go to ‘Wipe’ -> ‘Advanced Wipe’. Select the partitions as shown in the image below. Then swipe the ‘Swipe to Wipe’ button.
- Tap on the ‘Install’ button.
- Navigate the internal storage and select the flashable ZIP file.
- Finally, swipe the button on the screen to install Xiaomi Mi A1 188.8.131.52 Oreo update.
- Once complete, press the ‘Reboot System’ button.
Method 2: Using Mi Flash Tool
If your Mi A1 is rooted or has a custom ROM installed, and you’d like to roll back to complete stock firmware, then this is the method you should opt for.
- Download Xiaomi Mi A1 184.108.40.206 Oreo Fastboot image.
- Power off the phone completely.
- Press and hold the Volume Down and Power button simultaneously to enter Fastboot mode.
- Connect Mi A1 to the PC using the USB cable.
- Finally, follow the steps in our tutorial on how to install Fastboot ROM on Xiaomi using Mi Flash tool.
- When finished, the phone will reboot automatically.
When your phone boots back into the OS, it shall be updated to the latest 220.127.116.11 Oreo firmware with the July security patch. We understand that the users would have waited for a long time for Android 8.1 Oreo, and now that it has finally arrived, you can expect it to be almost free of bugs.
So, this was our post on how to download and install Xiaomi Mi A1 18.104.22.168 Oreo Update right now. If you have any questions, please leave a comment below.