The stable release of Oreo is now being pushed to the Mi A1. In this article, we will show you how to install Xiaomi Mi A1 Android Oreo OTA update manually.
Mi A1 is really a device that every Google admirer should look forward to. The blend of Xiaomi’s impeccable hardware and Google’s pure Android experience make it one of the best Android smartphones in the price spectrum. If you own the device, there’s some good news for you this New Year. Xiaomi has kept up with its statement and has finally delivered Android Oreo update, which is now rolling out to the users.
- Download and Install LineageOS 14.1 on Xiaomi Mi A1 (Nougat 7.1.2)
- Install Android 8.0 Oreo Beta on Xiaomi Mi A1
- Root Xiaomi Mi A1 (Magisk) and Install TWRP Recovery
- Install TWRP Recovery and Root Xiaomi Redmi 5 (Plus)
- Guide to Install ViPER4Android on Android Oreo 8.0
Xiaomi Mi A1 Android Oreo OTA Update – 7.12.29
The true benefit of an Android One-powered device is always updated software. Since the launch, the A1 has received constant monthly updates. It was later that Xiaomi announced Android Oreo Beta program for the device in early December. And about two weeks ago, the first beta build was rolled out to the selected members.
The beta program focused on retrieving feedback from the user. The input from the testers would help the developers to make the overall software experience more streamlined.
After constant testing and fixing bugs, Xiaomi is now finally rolling out Stable Android Oreo to the users. The new update is incremental and would require some time before it reaches every device worldwide. But if you don’t want to wait, then you can use the instructions below to manually install Xiaomi Mi A1 Android Oreo OTA update.
The new firmware is based on Android 8.0 Oreo with build number OPR1.170623.026.7.12.29. The update also incorporates the December 2017 security patches. To check if your Mi A1 has received the OTA update yet, go to ‘Settings’ -> ‘About phone’ -> ‘System update’.
Make sure to fulfill all the listed requirements before you follow the procedure to install Xiaomi Mi A1 Android Oreo OTA update.
- Take a complete backup of your Xiaomi device first.
- In order to sideload the OTA, your device must be running Android 7.1.2-based N2G47H.7.12.19 firmware.
- If you’ve rooted using Magisk, you can easily download stock boot.img and flash it using the Fastboot command below:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Take a full backup of your Xiaomi device before updating. You may follow our guide on how to backup Android devices.
- Also, install ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
How to Manually Install Xiaomi Mi A1 Android Oreo OTA Update
Those who can’t update using this method, kindly refer to the unofficial method(s) – How to Install Xiaomi Mi A1 January Update 8.1.10 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- Download Android 8.0 Oreo OTA for Xiaomi Mi A1:
- Boot your Mi A1 into stock recovery mode:
- Power off your device completely.
- Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button altogether.
- When you see the Android bot on the screen, hold the Power button and tap the Volume Up key once.
- Once in stock recovery, use the Volume buttons to select “Apply update from ADB” and press the Power button.
- Connect your phone to the PC.
- Copy the downloaded package to C:\adb on your PC. This should be the folder where all the ADB and Fastboot binaries are present.
- Once copied, hold the SHIFT key and right-click on an empty space inside the folder.
- Select ‘Open PowerShell window here’ from the menu.
- Enter the following command to install Xiaomi Mi A1 Android Oreo OTA update:
adb sideload c886f741b20cb98d6ca79493b0bf62a2b68fc26d.zip
- Hold back while the process is being carried out.
- Once complete, select ‘Reboot system now‘.
Your device shall instantly boot to the updated firmware. Android 8.0 Oreo comes with some exciting features like Picture-in-Picture mode and Notifications Dots, so go ahead and try them on your Xiaomi device now.
So this was our tutorial on how to install Xiaomi Mi A1 Android Oreo OTA by sideloading it through the stock recovery. If you have any questions regarding the procedure, comment below.
OTA Source: XDA