You can use this guide, which will instruct you on how to Install TWRP and Root Galaxy Note 8 (Exynos) right now.
The Galaxy Note 8 is the latest Samsung flagship offering tons of improvements than previous Note series. It comes with larger 6.3-inch Quad HD screen – Super AMOLED (Infinity display) and 1.6GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor clubbed with 6GB RAM and 64 GB internal storage. The external storage can be expended up to 256GB. It is powered by Nougat 7.1.1. Follow the easy instructions below to root Galaxy Note 8.
Root for Galaxy Note 8 Snapdragon variant is now available – Root Galaxy Note 8 Snapdragon N950U (All Carriers)
While the device is already geared to have the unbeatable performance and battery life, it could still be pushed further with a bit of tweaking and customizations. And that could be done, when you root Galaxy Note 8. Once you have rooted your device, you can break all the barriers set by the OEM and customize your device for maximum output, both in terms of performance and battery. Rooting Galaxy Note 8 also gives you the extra control to modify and style visual elements like colors, status bar, and QS tiles and much more.
If you own this device and would like to Root Galaxy Note 8, then we are right here for you. In this tutorial, we will be installing TWRP recovery first, using ODIN tool. Post that, we will root the device using Magisk. So, start off by following the steps below.
Root Galaxy Note 8 and Install TWRP Recovery
This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy Note 8. Installing TWRP and Rooting your device will end its official support (warranty). We shall not be responsible for any damage to your device. If you understand the terms and risks involved, you can proceed further.
This guide is not supported with all models of Galaxy Note 8. Currently, it supports Samsung Galaxy Note 8, model no. SM-N950F/FD/X/N (powered by Exynos processor).
The incompatible Galaxy Note 8 models with this guide are, model no. SM-N950U/U1/W/0/8/6. Or, in other words, it doesn’t support devices sold in USA, China, Japan, Hong Kong, etc. where it is powered by Snapdragon 835 processor.
Note: You can check your Galaxy Note 8 model by using Droid Info app. If the device’s model no. and codename is not same, then don’t try this on your device.
Step 1: Prerequisites
There are few things that you must to take care. Before proceeding to the instructions, please make sure about the things listed below.
- Charge your Note 8 to a sufficient battery level to avoid any hiccups during the process.
- The process will wipe the complete device. Take a complete backup of your internal storage and everything else that is important to you: Tutorial
- Download and install latest Samsung USB drivers on your desktop.
- Make sure to Enable OEM Unlock in Settings > Developer options: Tutorial
- Download the Odin program and extract the zip: Odin_v3.10.7.zip
Step 2: Install TWRP Recovery
- Boot your Galaxy Note 8 into Download mode.
- Firstly, Power off your device completely.
- Press and Hold Volume Down + Bixby + Power buttons until you see a warning screen.
- Tap the Volume Up key once to enter Download Mode.
- Now, connect your Galaxy Note 8 to your PC/Laptop using USB cable.
- Open the folder where the Odin program was extracted and run the Odin3 v3.10.7.exe.
- Now, the Odin window will open up and you will see Added!! message appearing in Log box and ID:COM port corresponding to your device. If it doesn’t, make sure that you have installed latest USB drivers on your PC/Laptop.
- Click on the “AP” button and select the recovery image (Example: twrp-3.1.1-0-greatlte.img.tar) file.
- Do not touch any other options or settings in ODIN.
- Now, click on “Start” Button to start flashing.
- Wait until the process finishes and may take some time. Once it is done, you’ll get the PASS! message
- Now, Disconnect your device and close Odin program.
Step 3: Root Galaxy Note 8 (Exynos)
- Boot your Galaxy Note 8 into TWRP Recovery Mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Bixby + Power button simultaneously.
- Once your Note 8 enters TWRP, it will ask for “Allow for System modifications”, then “Swipe“. So do that.
- Press the “Wipe” button. Go to “Format Data” and enter “Yes” in the provided field. This will format the complete device, thus disable encryption.
- Now it’s time to disable forced-encryption and root Galaxy Note 8. Go to the “Install” tab and select the Magisk (Magisk v14.0.zip) file and “Swipe” the button to flash the file.
- Once it’s done, press the “Reboot System” button.
- So you have succeeded to root Galaxy Note 8 Exynos and Install TWRP recovery, along with disabling forced-encryption.
Once your device boots, open the Magisk Manager App and manage root permissions. Magisk also allows you to install modules for easier customization.
More for you –
- How to Fix OK Google Issue on Galaxy Note 8 and S8
- Download Galaxy Note 8 Wallpapers (13 Wallpapers)
- Install Galaxy Note 8 Apps on Any Samsung Device
Enjoy! Now, you have succeeded to install TWRP and Root Galaxy Note 8. If you have any problem regarding installation and rooting, then feel free to drop a comment below.